What should we pay attention to when buying solar street lights
More than half of this year, the northern hemisphere entered summer, the temperature gradually increased, the temperature in the entire country began to rise, and the market demand for solar street lights began to recover, and the current street lamp project has also begun to gradually build. The market demand for solar street lamps is increasing, and there are numerous solar lamp manufacturers in China. Solar street lights, as a new generation of high-tech products, not only provide lighting but also do not require lighting tools to pay for electricity. There is no wiring required during the installation process, and the installation location is fairly random. With the continuous improvement of new rural construction, it is being accepted and liked by an increasing number of users. There are a few suggestions in the procurement process that you can refer to before purchasing to help you choose the right product for you.
1. The solar street light construction project must take into account the lighting conditions required by the road in order to determine the appropriate street light power, as well as some basic parameters such as the height of the pole, the width of the road, the flow of people and traffic, and the surrounding buildings and surroundings.
2. Because the solar street light is a whole and is made up of several parts, its configuration is also important. Choose the appropriate solar panel and battery based on the lamp's power, the required lighting level, and the weather. This not only saves money, but it can also be used to save energy and extend the life of streetlights.
3. Once the demand for street lamps has been established, one of the most important factors is selecting the right manufacturer. There are numerous solar street lamp brands on the market today, and they are somewhat complicated. The product quality is also high and low. Can be inspected from the manufacturer's production capacity, if available.
Because of the obvious benefits of solar power street lights, more and more people will choose to use solar powered led street lights in current road lighting construction projects. High-performance solar street lamps will provide long-term benefits while reducing maintenance costs significantly. There are four things you should know before selecting cost-effective solar powered led street lights.
Take note of the parameters
Solar powered led street lights with erroneous standard parameters are not available for purchase. On the market, there are numerous solar street lights with erroneous standard parameters. To cut costs and attract customers, these products use false standard parameters such as light sources, solar panels, batteries, and electrode materials. Allow users to spend the same amount of money but purchase inferior products. These products are subpar and have a number of safety flaws. Even though the price of this solar street light is very low, it is not available for purchase.
Take note of the solar street lamp battery's quality
The solar street lamp battery's quality has a direct impact on the quality of the solar powered led street lights. Controllers, solar panels, batteries, and light sources are the main components of solar street lamps. Lithium batteries and gel batteries are the most common types of solar street lamp batteries. Use only high-quality lithium batteries. A good lithium battery has a life expectancy of 3-5 years. It is recommended that when purchasing solar powered led street lights, the battery configuration be increased. The cycle life of a battery determines its lifespan. A good-quality lithium iron phosphate battery has a cycle life of more than 2000 times. If the battery's capacity is only sufficient for the daily discharge capacity, the battery can be easily damaged. However, if the battery's capacity is several times the daily discharge capacity, it means that there will be a cycle in a few days, which significantly increases the battery's lifespan. Furthermore, the battery's capacity is several times the daily discharge capacity, allowing for a greater number of consecutive cloudy and rainy days. If a low-quality lithium battery is used, it will need to be replaced frequently after a long period of time, resulting in a very high actual use cost.
Take note of the solar powered led street light source's quality
The lifespan of solar street light sources is typically guaranteed for three years by most solar street lamp manufacturers. When solar powered led street light factories manufacture street lights, they will use high-quality LED light sources manufactured by major brands. Customers should check the LED light source of the solar street lamp when selecting a manufacturer to see if the lamp has good heat dissipation performance. If the light source is LED, a dedicated LED lamp heat dissipation system is required. At the same time, check to see if the lamp is tightly sealed and if the waterproof effect meets the standard.
Keep track of the number of consecutive rainy days
The number of consecutive rainy days is an important indicator of solar powered led street lights. Currently, the majority of solar street lights on the market can only provide lighting for three to five consecutive rainy days. This type of solar street lamp's battery capacity is also frequently depleted, resulting in a decrease in battery life. As a result, it is not advised buying solar street lights if there are a few consecutive rainy days. When purchasing a solar street light, provide the number of rainy days in the local area so that the solar street light manufacturer can configure a suitable battery based on the customer's location.
The solar street lamp battery's quality has a direct impact on the quality of the solar powered led street lights. Controllers, solar panels, batteries, and light sources are the main components of solar street lamps. Lithium batteries and gel batteries are the most common types of solar street lamp batteries. Use only high-quality lithium batteries. A good lithium battery has a life expectancy of 3-5 years. It is recommended that when purchasing solar powered led street lights, the battery configuration be increased. The cycle life of a battery determines its lifespan. A high-quality lithium iron phosphate battery can have a cycle life of up to ten years.
Precautions to take when installing solar street lights
The installation of solar LED street lights is a more important consideration. Sinowatcher has compiled a list of useful tips and precautions based on years of installation experience.
(1) Solar street lights should be installed on sunny days because they cannot be quickly charged after installation on cloudy or rainy days, and discharge is done at night, which affects use.
(2) Solar LED street lights should not be turned on the first day after installation in order to extend battery life and reduce the number of charging and discharging cycles. Only connect the controversies when installing.
(3) Solar street light controllers should select high-quality, waterproof products to ensure long-term use and stability. If there is no waterproof controller, the terminal should be oriented downward and the wiring bent into a U-shape to improve waterproofing.
(4) The angle of the solar street light panel must be adjusted to the best location; a 45-degree angle is generally recommended. If it is not properly adjusted, it will affect the battery's charging performance, reduce lighting time, and also affect sensing performance, resulting in inaccurate automatic light-on time.
(5) Use higher-quality copper cores to reduce power consumption loss. If there is a serious problem, the LED drive power supply will not function normally. As a result, do not save these necessary funds and jeopardise the overall effect of the solar street light.